Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Some thoughts about myself

.Hola My interest in photograph comes from a long time ago, I shear it with my father, he took me to the photo club many years ago. Since them I had this inclination for this form of art. when i studied art conservation and restoration, photography came out again. I was older, than when I went to the photo club wile I was revisiting photography at school I went and revisited the old pictures and they had a different meaning it was like re rereading a good book. That was then now fast forwarding to resent years I work at the Art Museum of the Americas, OAS, I am the exhibit coordinator, since 2004 we started a photography program at the museum. The Museum have a collection of photograph around 250 and growing, we started the exhibition program with a selection from the collection including some of artworks I collected for the Museum like Good Memory by Marcelo Brosky. On one occasion in 1998 I curated the exhibit of San Francisco base photographer Luis Delgado since then we established a good professional and personal relationship until today. Now I am working in a selection of portraits from the Museum Collection includding one by Luis. I will post the preliminary selection as soon i have manage how to do it. I enjoy looking at pictures, inspires my imagination. My knowledge on photography is limited i would like to learn more, specially about the history of photography.

1 comment:

  1. Nice intro. Please add a self-portrait to your profile.

    ReplyDelete